Selenium with Python
Selenium supports Python and thus can be utilized with Selenium for testing.
- Python is easy compared to other programming languages, having far less verbose.
- The Python APIs empower you to connect with the browser through Selenium.
- Selenium sends the standard Python commands to different browsers, despite variation in their browser’s design.
- You can run Python scripts for Firefox, Chrome, IE, etc.on different Operating Systems.
Why to choose Python over Java in Selenium
Few points that favor Python over Java to use with Selenium is,
- Java programs tend to run slower compared to Python programs.
- Java uses traditional braces to start and ends blocks, while Python uses indentation.
- Java employs static typing, while Python is dynamically typed.
- Python is simpler and more compact compared to Java.